Spreading the joy of the holiday seasonNov 17, 2023, 16:18 PM
Whether it’s a beloved Santa Claus parade or annual pond hockey tournament, communities across Alberta celebrate the holidays with unique traditions that are special to them.
From Coaldale to Conklin, many of our people were born and raised in the areas we serve. So when it comes to supporting our communities, we follow their lead. Here are just a few ways we’re celebrating alongside you this holiday season.
Lights of Joy
Beginning in 2020, employees helped string outdoor holiday lights at 26 senior homes throughout our service territory. After all, who’s better for the job than power line workers equipped with a bucket truck?
Since then, the tradition has grown, and our employees look forward to being part of this volunteer initiative every year. In addition to senior homes, we also light up parks, community centers, hospitals, fire halls and more.
Alongside Lights of Joy, you can spot our trucks (and employees in blue Santa hats) in holiday parades this winter. We’ll see you in Fort Saskatchewan, Brooks, Airdrie, Athabasca, Lac La Biche, Morinville, Westlock and more.
A helping hand
The holiday season can be a difficult time for many. To help support those in need, we donate to local food banks and women’s shelters throughout the province. As the holidays approach, these services are cornerstones of social support for many families and individuals in rural Alberta.
Every year, we’re proud to help local communities create holiday magic at events like
- Fort MacLeod Moonlight Madness
- Light Up Lacombe
- Maskwacis Louis Bull First Nation Christmas
- Town of Millet Winter Festival
- Bellecrest Million Lights Festival
- Light Up Okotoks
- Sheep River Health Trust Festival of Trees
- Boyle Angels in Motion Christmas Hamper
- Canmore Rotary Festival of Trees
- Strathmore Celebration of Lights
- Devon Christmas in the Park
- Rich Valley Community Winter Carnival
- Morinville Light Up the Nite
- Spruce Grove Light Up
- Siksika Family Services Holiday Party
Come say hello if you see us in your community! Wishing you a safe and happy holiday in 2023.